Subscribe to my full feed.

Hi ladies

So our 5 year reunion finally took place on 080808! Although it felt more like one of our usual makan + gossip sessions than a full-fledged class reunion, it was just heartwarming to see everyone who had bothered to make the time and effort to come down for this very special occasion. More importantly, I think it also showed that though we have grown, we have also stayed together, and that's what really counts=)

Ok, I sound like a speechwriter.

NIE is... boring. Not to mention, far. Travelling 2 hours to Boon Lay, the backside of Singapore, just to attend lectures on why nouns are nouns and verbs are not adverbs, is slowly killing off my brain cells one by one. However the classes are getting harder now, so I welcome the challenge of keeping my distracted brain occupied.

I never thought I'd say this, but I really miss NUS' efficiency and location. (No offense to the NTU grads among us though, Zihui and Shuhui.)

In other news, I've signed up for the Great Eastern marathon in late October and am looking for training partners! I'm also sponsoring two very adorable little boys in Nepal with my cell group through Prison Ministry! And I've started volunteering with a group of children aged 5-11 in my church... the little ones are the cutest~

Oh, and most interestingly, I get to fulfil my dream of learning conversational Italian for free! I got to know this Italian guy last weekend --he was one of my friends' friends and we shared a cab home after bar-hopping from Loof to Blu Jaz Bar to MOS-- and we are doing a language exchange! He will teach me Italian whhile I teach him Mandarin!

I'm also hoping to start salsa classes once my timetable stabilises. But being the major procrastinator that I am... who knows?

Lastly, I'm slowly building up a corporate wardrobe! I'm on the lookout for pieces that are versatile (can take me from day to night), effortless (doesn't require 3 handmaidens and a screwdriver to get into) and polished. I've found that it really helps to limit the wardrobe to just a few colours too, so I've got only four colours in mine: cobalt, turquoise, grey and beige.

A question to the ladies who are already working (I suspect this is a question Hui and Hami might enjoy answering!): what do your wardrobe basics comprise of?

1 comments:

I can't believe I missed this post till now! Wow, Italian? You've gotta teach us some words to sweep them Italian guys off their feet! ;)

Eunique said...
December 8, 2008 at 6:22 PM  

Post a Comment